January 18, 2012 3 Comments
A couple of week ago, I found a file on my internal web server called spy.log, which gave me a bit of a scare (but then I realized nobody spying on me is likely to call a file spy.log) This file was almost 20G in size. What’s up with that? After finding a viewer to open a 20G text file, I determined that this was a legitimate file belonging to JDBCSpy, which is an extension of the Coldfusion JDBC driver which can optionally be enabled. To enable it, you just have to add a reference to the Coldfusion Datasource Connection String in the Advanced section.
Thing is I don’t remember enabling it. I found some more information on Charlie Areharts’ blog which reminded me that at one point I had installed a demo version of Fusion Reactor to diagnose some performance issues. I’m not sure if the version of FR I installed modified the connection string and did not remove it when I uninstalled the program, or if I added it (note to self: make better changelog notes please).
In any case, the fix was simple, delete the connection string attribute and restart the CF services.